"Love Knows No Distance"

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Here we go!

So, I guess I should start off by better introducing myself. I'm Megan. I'm 20 years old and I live in Columbia, Missouri. I'm originally from O'Fallon, MO. I am a sophomore at the University of Missouri- Columbia (otherwise known as Mizzou). I am pre-med with a major of biological sciences and a minor of psychology. I am taking a ton of credit hours this semester and I just got a job at Boyce and Bynum Pathology Labs. I hope to make this deployment fly by! About that deployment; my boyfriend, Woody, is in the U.S. Army National Guard. I love that man more than anything in the world. Cheesy, I know. But it's true. I've never felt the way I feel about him. It truly is spectacular. He is the love of my life, the man of my dreams. Unlike many military girlfriends/wives I will not cheat on him! He knows that I will be 100% faithful. He is the only man I ever want to be with.  He recently deployed to the middle east for an entire year! AHH! Which is my reason for starting this in the first place. Sometimes, you just need to vent. And it's hard for me to vent to most people I know; mainly because they have no clue what I'm going through. And they try to sympathize, but it never comes out right. I have a few friends who are girlfriends/wives of other men deployed with Woody. By a few, I mean three. Other than that, I'm on a ton of Facebook support pages. I have met some great women on those, yet it's hard to really talk to a lot of the women because all they do is cause drama. I don't like drama. Therefore, I am writing this. I doubt anyone will ever read this besides me. So, I guess I'm venting to myself. But hey.. I can look back on this after the deployment and laugh at myself. I think the hardest ting so far has been living in the big apartment alone. Before Woody left, we got a duplex/apartment. Basically it's half of a house. We got it because it has a yard for the dog and Woody knew I didn't want to live in the dorms this year. It feels so empty without him here. Just me and the dog. It's definitely not easy being on this side of the deployment. I have a dog to take care of, a house to maintain, bills to pay, a car to maintain, school, and a job. And if something happens, I don't have him here to help me. Everything is my responsibility. I don't sleep well at all. It takes me hours of laying in bed to finally fall asleep. Without him holding me, it's impossible to sleep well. I wake up constantly and barely get any sleep. I'm hoping this will improve once we get farther into the deployment. I am already counting down the days to r&r. I'm excited, but at the same time, I'm scared of having to say goodbye for the second time. I've heard that it's even harder to say goodbye after r&r.  

No comments:

Post a Comment